Thursday, September 25, 2008

Peace and Prayers to the Dying Sea Turtles on the Beach in Brevard Today

After just jetting back from Seattle, I had to go to the beach, I love and live for the beach. Our beautiful natural resource, well one of many!
And low and behold, there were several Sea Turtle Eggs getting pulled out to sea.. And we did try to save them, but really I was told by Channel 13 News, that they checked with Sea Turtle Preservation Society and the only thing you can do is to move them toward higher ground, or sand I should say. And say a prayer, that's it. I did see people taking the eggs home, but I felt and believe they would probably die for sure then.

And as sad as it was, it is a cycle of life for Sea Turtles. They have lived thru horrible storms, erosion of the beach, etc and they still exist. I am one for saying a half hour worth of Om Mani Padme Hum Chants for all Sea Life, especially the Sea Turtles that will not make it this time around..
So is the cycle of life just as in the five remeberances:


Five Remembrances

“I am of the nature to grow old.

There is no way to escape growing old.

I am of the nature to have ill health.

There is no way to escape having ill health.

I am of the nature to die.

There is no way to escape death.

All that is dear to me and everyone I love,

Are of the nature to change.

There is no way to escape,

Being separated from them.

My actions are my only true belongings.

I cannot escape,The consequences of my actions.

My actions are the ground on which I stand.

By relying on the compassion of Buddha,

The wisdom of the Dharma,And the fellowship of Sangha.

May I realize my true nature

And liberate other beings from suffering. (bell & bow)