9 Principles for Conflict Resolution and Peace Negotiations as follows:
1. Agree that you will treat each other respectfully.
2. Recognize each side feels victimized by a sense of injustice.
3. Be ready to forgive and ask for forgiveness.
4. Refrain from belligerence.
5. Practice emotional intelligence.
6. Recognize that the other side may have values different from yours or foreign to you.
7. Don't make the other side appear wrong.
8. Refrain from bringing in discussions about ideology.
9. Recognize fear as a factor on both sides. '
from: Peace is the Way global community