Monday, November 8, 2010

LA's MOCA Journey

Off we went on Sat to get our passes we bought off Groupon (they have awesome local too u deals!!) I bought a years membership for $50 for two to Museum of Contemporary Art in LA. The membership can be reciprocated at a bunch of other museums!! Also Tony & I can take a guest each w us!!
So they are going to be awesome to have & I can't wait to try out diff museums wherever we go!

About MOCA


MOCA Website




Outside view!

I'm glad I can say I've been! It is a very interesting museum! First off ya gotta dig contemporary art! I do to some extent, but was really not feelin the luv Saturday!
It seemed to have 80's vibe the art did (hence Devo video playing in one room), and weirdness that was on dark side. I'm just gonna say I went, and it's off my list of things to do!
But there is a Japanese Museum next door! I didn't realize it till later that my membership is good there too!!
I did take a few random Hipsmatic pictures w my iPhone outside the bldg. BTW they had so much security in the museum they out numbered patrons! Weird!


Side view of bldg



Kewl manhole cover! W AA symbol to boot!
T & I had fun & think next time we go Museum hopping we may take Metro instead of drivin!

Shanti