Monday, November 8, 2010

Long Beach Museum of Art

Sunday we decided to check out LBMA! Only a short distance from our Apt & free parking to boot!!
As we arrived I was filled w glee @ the restored older home in Museum Vibe!! Nice! LBMA Website






Did I mention it overlooks the Pacific Ocean??!!!!!!
As we view the pieces of Art I remembered they are showcasing Women Artist & am really diggin the vibe! My fav Artist that was Showcased at LBMA specialized in California Women & outdoor scenes w social atmosphere.






Mucho more vibrant in real time! So real I got list in thus painting! No I honestly don't remember the Artist name sorry!

We were able to take pictures freely! No security or uptightness like in LA!

We then went upstairs & viewed the Lipton Carved Wood Collection. Some really beautiful pieces!! OMGosh!












Amazing Work!!

But the most amazing view was the Pacific Ocean off second Floor! I just sat & reflected for like ever!!
It was amazing!!!






I'm going there once a week to just sit & look at the Ocean!!

Overall a gre8t experience!! So happy we got the passes off Groupon!

Shanti

PS Museums Free Thursday 6-9pm & Claires (awesome Resturaunt next door overlooking Beach & part of Museum) offering special prices on appetizers!



This is view of Ocean & Art Installation in center of seating area!