Thursday, March 1, 2012

Bead Soup Blog Party!!!

Come on in! Here's your drink, sit down, relax and enjoy the appetizers!
Hi! Lots of hugs and kisses! I'm Shanti! So glad you stopped by!

Alright let's get this Partay on!
And a Party it is! Confetti and Glitter flying, drinks are being poured, and music's loud hear the beat?!
Can you feel it? I sure can! I am so excited to be able to share my designs for this party day! And be part of this soirée!
PS! More glitter and confetti being thrown (lots of this is gonna happen today)!

Big Thank you and kisses to Lori Anderson of Pretty Things for putting this shebang on again! Let's raise our glasses and give a toast to Lori!

I was randomly (like such a thing even exists) paired with Tracy Mok of BumbleBead Designs! She rocks out Bridal Designs and Pearls are her Thang! Gorgeous work and a groovy lovely lady!

I posted here what my bead soup looked like. Amazing, gorgeous, yummy, elegant pearls, a gorgeous rhinestone focal piece and a rhinestone box closure! Beautiful! Capiche?


But..... What's a Hippie Grrl to do with rhinestones? pearls? Elegant old world glamour?

Hmmmm... I sat and stared at the soup, I stood and stared, I slept and dreamed of my soup.. I was in a quandary....

I told my trusted partner Tracey of my dilemma... She felt similar with what I sent her.....

I finally tackled the soup and put my fear aside.
(Cause really trying something different outside of my comfort zone causes fear to come up for me, that is.)

I made a few necklaces, bracelets, even a pair of earrings.. But I wasn't whelmed by them, well ok underwhelmed is more like it!

So I let them sit... For a few weeks, then I got a idea, and tore the necklace apart (that had the focal bead and clasp on it) and realized my strength lies in Arm Bling.

It's my passion, I luv that arm jewelry is for the person who sports it! You can tinker, jingle and touch your arm jewelry and see the light catching it, the reminder stamped just for you, or use it as a worry touchstone... As I often do!

I decided to funkify the now said bracelet and have fun with it! I added Disco like shimmery Silver chain that I have no idea where I got, a sterling OM sign, Sterling fine rollo chain and Sterling wire to adhere the disco chain to the design.

I made it so it was a movable, ever-changing design and was not stagnant.... Like I felt in the beginning of this Challenge!

So it is a mirror of my growth thru this experience!
Luv that!




It's like a mixed up glammy beautiful chaotic mess! Hmmmm...
Hence the name
The Glamour Chaos Bracelet!

Design number duex:
Then I used the Dangly quartz beads, glass pearls and more from the soup and decided to breakout one of the hand cut quartz crystal angel wings I scored awhile ago!
I also used my 2011 word silver charm Uplift! On the back it says 2011, hehe!



Wind Beneath My Wings Necklace

A ode to Tracy for pushing me further into the great design unknown!

Design 3:
I did up some simple earrings.... I dig simple earrings that move sweetly.... The earrings I designed are out of my zone....but I like them, not luv them and maybe just maybe that's OKay! Funny I showed them to a local client and they're sold!



Design 4:
And my last design is my most fun, simple style and something I would wear... I like the glass pearl power bar look. I do these in gemstones too... The slim delicate silver sparkly chain just looks smashing to me with the silver plated pinwheel connector! Fun, frolic, elegant with a touch of hippie glam, hey that's me! Hehe!




Pearls and Pinwheels Necklace

TY and Curtsy for coming over to my Partay!

Hope you had enuff appetizers, drinks, dancing and laughs! See you next year if not sooner!!

Get your party hats on and come on ride the train... The Bead Soup Blog Party Train!

Check out the lovely, gorgeous beautiful designers and designs below! I'm sure their partay's will be a blast! Can't wait to go!

(More glitter and confetti being thrown!)

Who's gonna clean up this mess anyway?! Hehe!
Oh heck has anyone seen my shoes?


Hostess, Lori Anderson


Special Book Sneak Peeks, Cindy Wimmer


1.  Adlinah Kamsir (Singapore) and Hajer Waheed (Kingdom of Bahrain)


2. Adrienn Lukacs (Hungary) and Agata Grygiel (Poland)


3.  Agi Kiss (Hungary) and Carolien Muller-Genger (the Netherlands)


4.  Agnes Asztalos (Hungary) and B.R. Kuhlman




7.  Alicia Marinache (Canada) and Dita Basu









15.  Bonnie Coursolle (Canada) and Fay Wolfenden (Canada)


16.  Carmel McGinley (Australia) and Tracy Stillman (Australia)






21.  Cheryl Brown (Canada) and Diana Ptaszynski


22.  Christina Stofmeel (the Netherlands) and Eva Kovacs (Hungary)



24.  Cilla Watkins (Canada) and Elaine Robitaille (Canada)


25.  Sabrina Straub (Switzerland) and Kathy Combs








32.  Dee Elgie (UK) and Joanne Lockwood (UK)


33.  Dian Hierschel (Germany) and Eniko Fabian (Austria)





37.  Doris Stumpf (Germany) and Eszter Czibulyas (Hungary)



39.  Elke Leonhardt-Rath (Germany) and Marjolein Trewavas (UK)




41.  Erika Nooteboom (the Netherlands) and Giorgia Rossini (Italy)



43.  Evelyn Duberry (Canada) and Gaea Cannaday



45.  Ginger Bishop (military, Okinawa) and Martina Nagele (Germany)




48.  Helene Goldberg (Australia) and Karen Vincent









54.  Joanna Matuszczyk (Poland) and Julianna Kis (Hungary)


55.  Joanne Tinley (UK) and Michaela Pabeschitz (Austria)











65.  Kristina Johansson (Sweden) and Penny Neville (Canada)


66.  Krisztina Erlaki-Toth (Hungary) and Nicole Keller (Germany)












76.  Lori Finney (Canada) and Marie-Noel Voyer-Cramp (Canada)



78.  Marta Kaczerowska (Poland) and Milla Starchik (Canada)






83.  Michelle Jensen and Sandra Young (Canada)











92.  Rosa Maria Cuevas (Mexico) and Tejae Floyde


93.  Sabine Dittrich (Germany) and Sally Russick



95.  Shanti Johnson and Tracy Mok (Canada)



97.  Sonya Stille and Traci Zeller (Canada)


98.  Stefanie Teufel (Germany) and Tania Hagen (New Zealand)