Saturday, March 10, 2012

To Pin or Not that is the Question




Lately I've been reading quiet a few blog posts about Pinterest & deleting your Account...

What???!!!! Really?!!!
Horror, oh the thought of NOT having Pinterest in my life?! I mean come on I get so inspired & happy when I check out the latest DIY's, Jewelry, fashion, etc...,So little time (me thinks I'd need the rest of my waking life!) to do all my fav DIY's I've found thanks to Pinterest!

But......
I've always wondered in the back of my mind if I Repin a photo, DIY, etc how is the original person's work getting credit?
Also when I pin let's say some kewl (I luv old Movies!!) old movie star's photo and pin them onto my board with the Blog address in the link info is that really giving credit to the photo? hmmmmmmm...

Alot of folx who are on Pinterest are deleting their account because well simply put they don't want to get into hot water for Copyright Infringement! Here's Pinterest link on Copyright info. And I kinda see their point... Oh but I wanna turn a blind eye to my lovely addiction.. I luv me some Denial!

I have been (shiver) thinking of deleting all the pins that aren't directly from me and my own creations, photos, etc & just using it for pinning my photos & jewelry designs.. But that's Not considered Pinterest Etiquette! Eeeek I just can't win...

So for now I'm sitting on the fence looking out at the ocean & pondering this particular quandary. Thinking maybe a bit of meditation will give me the clarity I need.......


- Shanti