Monday, April 23, 2012

Keeping the Bliss when Stress takes over






Yah that would be me..... Recent big changes and my bliss took a vacation without me.......

Dang hate when that happens..

What about you? That ever happen? Ok I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one!

I guess I should rat myself out and mention I suffer from Anxiety Attacks and the big "D" Depression. I have been on medication for my depression for years but I choose not to take anything narcotic (I'm in recovery) for my Anxiety. So these top ten suggestions are for severe cases like mine...

What and how do we get our Bliss on?

Well I gotta few tricks up my sleeve to jump start the whole process..

1. Go to Puritans Pride.com and score some I-Theanine 100mg 30 capsule bottle.
They are running special 5 bottles for $17.99 killer deal!!
I have taken up to 400 mg at time. It is a incredible Stress Reliever...




From Puritans Pride Website:
A close relative of Glutamate, studies indicate that L-Theanine interacts with the neurotransmitter, GABA (gammaminobutyrate).** GABA, known for its importance in nervous system functioning, works with the mood centers of the brain.** Studies in Japan show that L-Theanine helps support the body’s ability to deal with PMS and occasional, everyday anxiety.**

2. Rescue Remedy by Bach Flowers.




I keep some on hand and take a few drops when my Anxiety gets the best of me. It really helps! Also I give a drop or two to my doggies when they travel! Really helps them relax!

3. Melatonin 10 mg before beddy bye..




Really helps to relax me....
Puritan Pride Website info: Sometimes it’s hard to unwind after a long day. That’s when it’s time for Melatonin, a hormone naturally produced in the body that is closely involved in the natural sleep cycle.** It’s a terrific choice if you experience occasional sleeplessness or jet lag, or if you want to improve your quality of rest.**

4. Watch or read something funny before bedtime.

5. Purchase a Cozy Hugs Aromatherapy Animal! Filled with Lavender! Their microwaveable for a warm cuddle relaxing sensation! Plus their seriously cute and cuddly! I found my at Marshall's for $9.99. You can find them on Amazon.com for $20.00 plus shipping.





6. Read your favorite blogs with cup of caffeine free herb tea.

7. Cut out Caffeine and sugar if possible or at least cut back. Try Stevia as a Sugar Substitute and Green Tea instead of Coffee.

8. Drink lots of good water.




9. Take deep breaths throughout the day. A lot of times I do shallow breathing when I'm stressed.

10. Put a few drops of Lavender Oil on your pillow case to relax and ease your mind before sleepy time!




I Hope this helps and try just one or two or a ala carte menu! And please leave comments if you have any suggestions!
- Shanti