Thursday, May 3, 2012

Be Here Now Message

Come listen to my story about a man name Jed...
Or a bracelet named Be Here Now....
Once upon a time (like last week) There was a Client on Etsy who purchased a bracelet named Be Here Now. And said bracelet decided to come undone in the mail and when client opened her pretty package the bracelet was broken. And not only broken but it was hand stamped and the B looked to Client like it had been hit twice, not a clean hit. Well Client forgot to inform me of their unhappiness and left negative feedback, my first ever....

Ouch, wow, hurty, sad, pouty, bummer, dang......

So I decided to use the Kiss and Make Up option under the negative feedback on Etsy and i said in the comments section that I would refund the monies and how bad I felt please let me make this up to you, etc..

Well Client didn't want a refund, and apologized about not getting in touch with me about it and really just wanted the item replaced! Easy? Right???

Well using the same metal bracelet connector I re-stamped the words Be Here Now... Guess what? It totally did not work! Like I couldn't get a clean strike if my life depended on it! I went thru 6 connectors! I felt like wow I am really bad at this I should just not be near a hammer & metal... I SuCk.... I felt like hmmmmm a Failure.... And my Anxiety kicked in...

So I prayed. Relaxed. Stepped away from my studio and chilled as best as I could.

Then I thought dang it I gotta just redo the whole design and use something else to pound on.....

So I did and what you see below was the first attempt.. It wasn't my inability to strike clean but the metal I was working on...I'm so glad I tried something else! And guess what? She loved the pics & I sent it to a very happy, loved Client....


Man it's amazing how I can tear myself up inside... And I know I'm not the only one....


Sometimes all it takes for things to be made purty is new metal to work with or aka a new, fresh outlook..... And to really learn to be here now (in gratitude)..

- Shanti